Team render - only missing frames

niedzviad

Yes, it is possible with team render to picture viewer! By using the PlugIn "MagicMissFrame" 1.1 which displays all the missing frames of your rendered image sequence in a format like this: 3, 9, 98, 112, 246, 45858. (make sure in Render Settings, a real path is set, no support for "tokens" $mm$pass)

Plus another PlugIn called "CV-Frame Range" available to cineversity members only, where you can enter a frame Range in the format(e.g. 1-10, 17, 30. ...). The PlugIn would then auto-create a subset of your Render Settings with dedicated frame ranges assigned via the Take System (introduced in R17).

Now, just copy and paste the entire contents between those two little gems.

Command Line rendering is not a feasible option with larger projects, because you would need to copy and paste each individual [frame range] into a seperate line like this:

"C:\Program Files\MAXON\Cinema 4D R18\Commandline.exe" -render "\\Projects\Production\c4d\sc001-BG.c4d" -frame 1787 1821 1"

At least at my project, I had had hundreds of individual lines I would have to enter, because I'm using a render farm with 14 clients (14+ splitting points for the sequence).

Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, Didar said:

i think its easy unless im missing something. those images have numbers usually. just continue manually and put the range

I thnik not, team render is dividing the frames in non logic for me way. I have missing 158-304, 256-305, etc. I dont have time to count and correct manualy.

15 hours ago, cgboxer said:

Yes, it is possible with team render to picture viewer! By using the PlugIn "MagicMissFrame" 1.1 which displays all the missing frames of your rendered image sequence in a format like this: 3, 9, 98, 112, 246, 45858. (make sure in Render Settings, a real path is set, no support for "tokens" $mm$pass)

Plus another PlugIn called "CV-Frame Range" available to cineversity members only, where you can enter a frame Range in the format(e.g. 1-10, 17, 30. ...). The PlugIn would then auto-create a subset of your Render Settings with dedicated frame ranges assigned via the Take System (introduced in R17).

Now, just copy and paste the entire contents between those two little gems.

Command Line rendering is not a feasible option with larger projects, because you would need to copy and paste each individual [frame range] into a seperate line like this:

"C:\Program Files\MAXON\Cinema 4D R18\Commandline.exe" -render "\\Projects\Production\c4d\sc001-BG.c4d" -frame 1787 1821 1"

At least at my project, I had had hundreds of individual lines I would have to enter, because I'm using a render farm with 14 clients (14+ splitting points for the sequence).

Hope this helps.

Looks interesting I will check! Thank you! I've downloaded the CV Toolbox but I cant see the CV-Frame Range :/ Whats wrong?

The logic of Team Render is to assign blocks of frames to each computer, so that if one computer messes up, all the bad frames are in a single block. Obviously, it reassigns frames if one machine finishes it's block before the others, which will break those up further.

If you have After Effects, you can drop the image sequence into a composition and a warning will automatically pop-up that lists out all the missing frames: 24-56, 80-192, etc. That's the fastest way to get a list of missing frames. 

You can queue all the missing frames using multiple render settings (each given an output with a missing frame range), then create a series of takes, each linked to a different render setting. It takes a little setup, but then you can just click "team render all takes" and it will render all your missed frames.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 6:00 PM, DeCarlo said:

The logic of Team Render is to assign blocks of frames to each computer, so that if one computer messes up, all the bad frames are in a single block. Obviously, it reassigns frames if one machine finishes it's block before the others, which will break those up further.

If you have After Effects, you can drop the image sequence into a composition and a warning will automatically pop-up that lists out all the missing frames: 24-56, 80-192, etc. That's the fastest way to get a list of missing frames. 

You can queue all the missing frames using multiple render settings (each given an output with a missing frame range), then create a series of takes, each linked to a different render setting. It takes a little setup, but then you can just click "team render all takes" and it will render all your missed frames.

Easer will be just make the check box (skip existing frames) it is so easy and so obvious :D 

On 11/20/2018 at 10:46 PM, Didar said:

I always use render queue and it works prefect... even on crashes it continues. what i miss here? :D

Even if computer restarts?

1 minute ago, niedzviad said:

Easer will be just make the check box (skip existing frames) it is so easy and so obvious :D 

Even if computer restarts?

yes man. in any case it continues. should be only rendering image sequences.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:10 AM, niedzviad said:

I've downloaded the CV Toolbox but I cant see the CV-Frame Range :/ Whats wrong?

I think "CV-Frame Range" was never included in CV Toolbox. Just log-in with your cineversity membership and go to this page here:

https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/cv-frame_range_install

You'll then find a download button "Files" on the right to the instructor. Download the PlugIn as .zip file.

I found the best way to easily get the individual frame ranges is to use "Magic Miss Frame", the rendering with this plugin is broken, so that's why you can't get further with it.

- The benefit is that this plugin also takes the given render range of the render settings into account.

Another alternative I've successfully tested, is to use a program called https://www.aeriform.io/ramma "Ramma", which also checks a sequence of files and is able to generate a text file with missing frame ranges - press [Report] This list can also be copied and pasted into CV-Frame Range. You would only need to manually fill in the range after the last rendered frame and the last frame of your sequence. (because the program can't know the total length)