• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Geff c

c4d frame bufferto Photoshop -tiff file-

Hi,

C4d frame buffer offers the ability to set the different layers of a multipass file like in photoshop: mixing them, with differents layer modes and intensities. 

I'm saving my renders as Tiffs file and was wondering if it was possible to save a preset of this layers + modes disposition in order to make the layer apppear as in c4d frame buffer but in photoshop. file in photoshop.  Right now, the default disposition of the layer stack is that multipasses layers are stacked in linear burn mode.

I searched the c4d help section for this, but no real answers on this.

Any help will be very appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Geffc

Hi there

If I understand you correctly you want to get let's say a 6 layer psd out of Cinema and automate the different blending modes in photoshop. 

So layer 1 is in normal blending, layer 2 is in multiply, layer 3 in linear dodge and so on and so forth. 

If that's the case you can use Photoshop's actions to automate the changing of the blending modes. 

But keep in mind that the files you run the action to need to have the same number of layers. 

Post a file with the number of layers you want and the blending modes for each layer and I can create the action for you. 

• Topic Author
  • Thanks a lot phobos, and sorry for my late answer.

In fact, i' d like  to preorganize the blending modes of my multipass layers (i'm using corona and saving in tiffs files) inside the frame buffer of c4d.

Right now, when opening a tiff file rendered with c4d directly in photoshop it preserves the multilayers, no problem, but

add them in linear burn mode (layer mode), which is what c4d offers as default blending mode per images in the c4d frame buffer.

My question is : is it possible to change those modes directly in c4d with the help of a preset that will work for all renders, so that

they will appear, in photoshop  the same that  i decided to place them in c4d frame buffer, 

Let me add that as i'm rendering Tiffs files, i saw the ability to create a presets for Tiffs. But it appears this preset option only works for rearrenging the 'compression'

and 'beat order' of the tiff file. I'm probably doing it the wrong way.

NB: I already did an action for this, but thanks a lot for your proposition.

Cheers,

Geffc