Sign in to follow this  
Cuberick

Subdivision induced UV problems

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem when i try to subdivide my mesh. My UVs don't follow the subdivision surface no matter what I try in the attributes with the UV smoothing options. I made a screenshot with the the red highlighting the issue. The only thing that worked was putting the subdivision in linear but then the rest of the mesh gets horribly stretched. 

Is there something i'm missing in the options?

Thanks

2] 1486.png

boyFBX_LO_cloth_shader_BaseColor.jpg

Please, attach simplified scene file with texture (if posible) in zip file ("save as project" will include texture).

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

I've attached the scene file and the texture in low res. You may need to relink it but theres only one material in the scene so that won't be a problem i should think.

Thanks for checking this out.

boyFBX.zip

Here is update of your scene. Not sure which way you create texture, but in this case (when mesh is deformed) texture need to be painted "overshooted". For example if you select polygons and with selected texture used "fill polygons" command, all polygons were filled with selected texture. But when you look carefully, on some places texrure just "touch" polyline, not cover whole surface of polygon. And when deformed (SDS also), this part is "uncovered" by texture and create "artefacts" like in your  case.

To prevent this problem is always "overshoot" polygon area by few pixels...

...what is my update of your scene. (when you look deeper into texture in Bodypaint layout (or texture window), you can see it.

(Only what I did was with clone tool drawed along all polyislands in texture)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/398itpe3xnyq6p3/boyFBX_updated.zip?dl=0