Sign in to follow this  
rasputin

WIP: Human skull

Here's my current WIP:   a human skull.     This was done entirely using the SCULPT feature in R20.      I started out by using Volume Building,  where I united a Cube and 2 Sphere primitives,  to create my basic "chunky block",  roughly in a skull shape...    Then the rest was all done with Sculpt,   looking at photographs.

As you can see,  because we're not working with voxels,   there eventually occurs some nasty "bunching and stretching" of the polys.      Increasing the Sculpt fineness/density  does not really alleviate the artifacts,  sadly;  nor does using the Smooth feature.   Maybe future releases of C4D will feature true voxel sculpting...

What it needs,  of course,  is a Retopo,  and I don't really understand how to achieve that in C4D.    I never did figure out how to use the Polygon Pen to effect a Retopo.

The skull isn't done--   I still need to etch in those teeth!    Organic forms like this are jolly hard to sculpt.

ras

1006693003_myskullprototype.thumb.png.097d70da7c076a71a75e5ab448852945.png

I actually never use the polygon pen :/ I just use the snap function, put points on it, and bridge those. Works like a charm for me.