Sign in to follow this  
andykao

Stretch Hole While Preserving Maps Shape

So i have a torus like object (a donut actually, with glazing and all) and i need to animate it into a specific way : i need to pass a cube (rectangle shape) though the hole of the donut. And i need the donut hole to stretch to the exact shape of the cube while preserving it's volume and maps (i need to render it with and without the cube inside, but render it's new shape).

I have tried using the collision modifier but it doesn't provide the needed results. Is there any way i can select the donut hole and change it's shape to a square (same size as my square)?

Or any other solution?

1 hour ago, andykao said:

I have tried using the collision modifier but it doesn't provide the needed results. Is there any way i can select the donut hole and change it's shape to a square (same size as my square)?

You can do it using Pose morph as  you make 2 objects your original object and a copy of your donut with a rectangular hole (you must use the same points count, so just modify your original object).
You can find many videos on this, on of them is by GreyScaleGorilla.

Hard to picture exactly what your after butI thought the collision did a fairly decent job of it.

Deck

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 17.52.08.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 17.51.57.png

TorusCube collider.c4d

• Topic Author
  • That was fast, i managed to do it the same way but i can't get this right (that's why i was thinking there's another method of doing it) :

I need to get a big donut in this character's mouth (file attached) : i need this head (lower side) to stretch to the sides to match the shape of the donut. Also i need this to be perfect, frame by frame as it's for an animation (no jagged edges or stuff like that). I tried it myself with a collision modifier but it all blows up...

Couldn't attach here, file is too big, but here's a link of my project : https://www29.zippyshare.com/v/JVmL7Fh7/file.html

For some reason the pose does not save properly (i saved it with the mouth open - you just need to rotate the lower jaw bone in order to open the mouth)