M. P.

Masterslider for instanced rig parts?

Hey folks! First time poster here :)

I have a question concerning customizing rigs in the CA-object: For instance, when I rig a hand, I have fingers and a thumb, fingers are instanced from the same base rig.

How can I create a sort of master-slider to spread all fingers (and thumb) at the same time? I somehow need to connect not yet existing instances of the fingers in my rig - how do I do that? :D

Thanks for your help!

Marius

If I understood you correctly, you are interested in character builder? Best approach here would be to create one of the rigs editable and examine how it is created and what component tag does....

• Topic Author
  • On 12/4/2018 at 11:57 PM, HSrdelic said:

If I understood you correctly, you are interested in character builder? Best approach here would be to create one of the rigs editable and examine how it is created and what component tag does....

I'm way beyond that. I created my custom CA-Object with all Components and Controller etc. I am looking for an elegant way to have functions like "curl all fingers" when the rig has thumbs and fingers as separate components. I did look into the premade rigs - none features this. I experimented with my own: seems C4D doesn't offer place-holder XPresso-Slots. I can achieve what I want when I manually link the XPresso nodes in the rig after construction. Sadly not elegant and one has to do it again and again after updating the righ when something got changed in the template....