Sign in to follow this  
Minuit Minuit

Vertex color on Cloner object

Hi everyone,

I'm using last R20 and trying to render some pointcloud from the Motion Tracker native tool.

I made a Mesh + Point Cloud from my video shooting scene. Then they have a Vertex color tag.

PointCloud_Vertex_02.thumb.jpg.68eb12e59e1435c55fe2ef46b848f256.jpg

When you apply a texture on the mesh with the color tag connected to the color channel you have color one the mesh that you can render.

PointCloud_Vertex_01.thumb.jpg.cb55fe6efce0120a94403a1c850b0dde.jpg

My problem is i didn't succeed to do the same process with the point cloud. To render them i put the point cloud in a Cloner Object, then i apply the material to the cloner object and nothing happen...

Somebody know how to connect the color to my point cloud cube ?

Regards !

Hi and :welcome:to the Cafe

Please attach a scene file, it will be easier to help. So, are you looking to color the clones from vertex colors sitting on point cloud, or you want to render the point cloud itself?

• Topic Author
  • Hi. Thanks for reply.

My first intention was to render the point cloud... i didn't find the solution. It seems that we can't import and render point cloud (with color info) without a third part plugin like "Lazpoint"

When you process the Motion tracker it's giving you the point cloud with the color tag. So i decide to put them in the cloner to have a mesh for render. I want the mesh (cube clone) to be color by the color vertex. Basicly i'm searching for the two solution. It seems that the Cloner Object is closest solution to have a mesh form and a control the mesh but it is really heavy for C4D.

Here is the file : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dXSvlzzwH0L3uaQjyjdMgl_UhIM9z26p

C4D Genius you are welcome :D

Regards,

You can used vertex colors on cloner - best approach is via field. I attached a simplified scene of yours :)

as far as point cloud rendering is considered, yes you can render them with hair material, however vertex colors won't work with hair material which is a known limitation

Motion track Cloud_0001.c4d

• Topic Author
  • OMG ! You succeed !!!

Thanks for being fast and efficient.

Quick answer :

To have Vertex color on a Cloner object you have to put a Plain Effector, go to the Falloff and add a Variable tag (on the vertex color tag off the point cloud).

Love and digital.