Sign in to follow this  
Jennifer

Constraint to soft body?

Hey,

I want to attach the hose and little grey "thingy" to the bottom of the letter P (object has a soft body tag applied). I can do it when the object doesn't have any dynamics, but in this case pressing play causing the letter P to deflate hence changing its geometry and displacing the hose and the grey thingy (don't know how to call it lol)

P.S I am planning to drop it into AE to reverse the animation so it will look like the deflated letter P actually gets pumped up with air cause I don't know how to reverse the dynamics in C4d

inflate.c4d

inflate3.thumb.jpg.2f2915e2d5db618331df4f12269352de.jpg

Project attached, any help is greatly appreciated!

Seemingly simple, but it isn't :)

The trouble here is that you are using a generator (MoText) and constraining to it is problematic since it is not recognized as point object in Xpresso. Probably your best bet would be to collapse Motext to mesh, then constrain the plug to single point on the mesh and that will work but you will have to orient the plug along point normal. Secondly, your "cable" will require similar setup since it will not be attached to the plug, so constraining spline point to plug would be needed...

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, HSrdelic said:

Seemingly simple, but it isn't :)

The trouble here is that you are using a generator (MoText) and constraining to it is problematic since it is not recognized as point object in Xpresso. Probably your best bet would be to collapse Motext to mesh, then constrain the plug to single point on the mesh and that will work but you will have to orient the plug along point normal. Secondly, your "cable" will require similar setup since it will not be attached to the plug, so constraining spline point to plug would be needed...

Great, thanks a lot for your help, sounds like I won't be able to figure it out haha, and yeah it's a "plug" lol xxx