Sign in to follow this  
BIgor

Substance Painter Import Problem

Hello :D In this 2 minute video I show what problem I am facing now, if you have the time please watch it and maybe you know the solution... :D 

It´s because you have applied just single one material to both polyobjects. Create in material manager new one material, apply on blade only and reexport.

• Topic Author
  • 13 minutes ago, bezo said:

It´s because you have applied just single one material to both polyobjects. Create in material manager new one material, apply on blade only and reexport.

Yes Now I have the two separate parts :D  THX, but the blade is still transparent for some reason... Looks strange...

Did you check normals of polyobject? If are correct, check UV polygon islands if not are reversed (front/back)

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, bezo said:

Did you check normals of polyobject? If are correct, check UV polygon islands if not are reversed (front/back)

YES!!! The normals were reversed :D  Now it is good :D  THX :D What about the UV Islands, how can they be reversed? Just for future i would like to know... 

Small example :)

Sometimes could looks textures projected strange way. Everythings is ok, normals aligned, UV perfect, but simply part of texture is "reversed".

When object has "multi-polyisland" UV´s, some of polyislands could be "rotated" and since they are not colored differently like normal polygons, you can not recognize it.

Here at first picture you could see simple landscape with applied checkeboard texture. Selected polygons inside are disconnected and in fact they are 2 UV polyislands.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni122jwe7l203fg/UVpolyisland_normal.png?dl=0

If you change scale ( multiple by -1), UV polyisland will rotate abot 180 degrees, but visually you don´t see any change on UV map. What you see is changed texture projected on object

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72sveqwkab8ycod/UVpolyisland_reversed.png?dl=0

This reversed UV is something I could never understand. Is this still present in R20?

While working on my Seamilar plugin I regularly encountered such reversed UVs while unwrapping models.

With the recently introduced shaded mode the reversed UVs are easily visualized.

I thought it was an easy thing to fix, so I implemented and "auto-flip" into Seamilar (and soon to come EasyUV). Never had reversed UVs since. Of course, when manually flipping UVs you'll end up with reversed ones ... obviously.

Still wondering why this auto-flip isn't part of MAXON's default unwrapping implementation?

And the fact that it isn't easily noticed, due to the wireframe representation of UVs. You indeed need to look at the textured object to notice the issue.