Sign in to follow this  
C4DS

EasyUV

Ok thanks, very helpful. Any chance you have demos of your plugins?

Here is a quick demonstration video I made.

It shows most of the available tools in action, hoping it provides an idea of the features available.

I don't have demo versions of my plugins, except for Dials.

While I understand people would like to try out to see if a plugin does fit one's workflow, it isn't always manageable to make a demo version without crippling the plugin.

EasyUV is being updated to R21.

Still some minor things to finalize. Current customers will be contacted by e-mail shortly.

A few weeks ago, while preparing a tutorial about EasyUV and Seamilar, I discovered some bugs in the plugin and spent some time fixing them.

As mentioned in other threads I am mainly working and developing with R20, as this feels the most comfortable. With bugs fixed in the R20 implementation, I then "simply" had to port the changes to previous version. This went fairly well, and testing of the R20 and previous releases indicated no further bugs (as far as I could tell).

However, while porting the changes to R21 was not a problem either, testing revealed quite some surprises.
I encountered two issues within the implementation of the new GUI in R21 and contacted MAXON SDK support about these. One of the problems was a performance hiccup, while the other was rather cosmetic, and I provided MAXON with sample code to reproduce both. The perfomance related one was confirmed, and I would be contacted later with possible workaround (if any). The other, in my eyes less important, hasn't yet been accepted nor rejected by MAXON.

What I am trying to say is that while I do have a new version available for R16 - R20, I would rather wait to have a final response about the issues with R21 before releasing this 1.3 version of the plugin. I would prefer to release a single update containing changes for all supported Cinema 4D releases. Thanks for your patience.

EDIT:

As mentioned  in the following blog post, version 1.3 of EasyUV will be provided to existing customers, without a proper fix for R21.

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/blogs/entry/601-the-post-r21-announcement-depression/?tab=comments#comment-518

Edited by C4DS
Additional info