Hrvoje

Hrvoje's Free file pit

That Winding one is genius!  So fun to dissect!  Very clever on the Sine Wave too.  Could you explain the Deformer Freeze and how that works?  I couldn't make sense of your Xpresso, and have no idea how you're even turning it on and off.

Thanks so much for sharing!

• Topic Author
  • thanks a lot @natevplas

Deformer freeze is a simple one. I am passing points from left to right mesh and  then simply "freeze" the deformations at that current point in time :)

• Like 1

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

5 hours ago, Hrvoje said:

...then simply "freeze" the deformations at that current point in time :)

That's the part I don't understand.  If I wanted to edit this, how would I change the timing of those freeze points?  I don't see any keyframes or user data or anything.

Thank you, thank you very much for sharing, it is worth learning.

5 hours ago, Hrvoje said:

I am using modulo on scene time. The remainder of division is used as trigger to enable/disable MoText visibility :)

Oh, ok.  Thanks for explaining!  I had to look up Modulo in the Help menu- never heard of that before!

those are as always great! i hope to be able to find the time to explore at least some of them... i'm particularly interested in the dorito effect, since i was wondering for quite some time now how and if that's possible with c4d... but opening your file i don't fully understand what's going on, nor is the behaviour what i would expect it to be. i was hoping the joints would actually follow the deformation by the point morph, but it seems like the joints are just always at the state of 100% strength of the morph. their display generated by the fracture object follows it, but not the joints themselves. how would that help me now when i want to make a facial rig for instance, where i want the joints (actually the controllers) actually follow the surface deformed by a point morph? i've tried something with clamp constraints in the past, clamp a null with the controller parented to it to the surface, but i'm always having a hard time getting clamp controls in surface mode stable enough to be usable in a character rig. 

• Topic Author
  • @everfresh

Dorrito file is closes I got some time ago. It offers the core of functionality, meaning controllers follow deformation and mesh deforms by controller. I will actually attempt to build completely new setup once I grab some time.

Meanwhile here is a new batch :)

116_Honeycomb_Fracturing(MG).c4d 117_Radial_spread(MG+XP).c4d 118_Gravitational_waves(MG+XP).c4d 120_Carpet_Roll(MG+XP).c4d

• Like 1

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for all your work and generosity! These scenes are a great source for learning new techniques in C4D.

• Topic Author