Rectro

C4D - Maya (Video)

Here is a video that I found interesting in that the presenter  Perry Harovas has been a long time Maya user so can shed some light on some comparisons between the two.  He didn't mentioned Mayas Rigging but either still its gives C4D users some perspective when we think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

Dan

• Like 4

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, CApruzzese said:

That was pretty Interesting. I started 3d with amiga as well, but in the 80s. 

Same here in fact I still got mine but I was doing 2d stuff and music production back then.  Iv got a Amiga 1200 power tower with a huge 33mhz blizzard upgrade. 

Dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rectro said:

Same here in fact I still got mine but I was doing 2d stuff and music production back then.  Iv got a Amiga 1200 power tower with a huge 33mhz blizzard upgrade. 

Dan

I started with an Amiga 500 but ended with an Amiga 3000. I think I started 3d with Turbo Silver pro - or it was called something like that.  I remember driving all over creation to find software and hardware as it was pre internet days. I had I think 8 megs of ram and an 100 meg hard drive and people asking what I would EVER do with all that storage and memory! 

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, CApruzzese said:

I started with an Amiga 500 but ended with an Amiga 3000.

3000?  Sounds like a beast of a machine for them days.  I got my 1200 power tower second hand but they was crazy expensive new.    I think its time to sell mine look how much someone is selling one for.  Iv got about 200 disks, Midi adaptor, Music X2 boxed music production software, monitor, keyboard and mouse, my tower is still white.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223198288170

You guys are old :lol:

I started with vector graphics (point plotting) on PEL Orao in late 80's. Amiga was super expensive and extremely difficult to acquire here...

On original topic,: Yes, grass is definitely not greener elsewhere. There are simply bits and pieces which we are envious about, but that is also true from their perspective

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • 32 minutes ago, HSrdelic said:

You guys are old :lol:

I started with vector graphics (point plotting) on PEL Orao in late 80's. Amiga was super expensive and extremely difficult to acquire here...

On original topic,: Yes, grass is definitely not greener elsewhere. There are simply bits and pieces which we are envious about, but that is also true from their perspective

Old, yea getting there lol.  Im just grateful that I can own what Iv got, its not ideal the way the cost of living is and software pricing, but Iv got there to the point that there is plenty to get on with and master.

Dan

Started with an Amiga 500 myself and aquired a 2MB memory extension plus a 20MB Harddisk.

Sold everything for a 386 PC, as I needed this machine for my diploma thesis in 1990.

Returned to CG with Poser again in 2003 and to Cinema 4D with R10.5

So, I assume myself as old as well :)

• Like 2