Sign in to follow this  
mdouglas

AE color correct w object buffer = halo

Hi there, I want to color shift some renders in After Effects using object buffers that I've rendered. I only want to affect certain areas of the render, which is why I'm using the buffers. But it's giving me some haloing around the area I'm correcting.  You can see this on the attached image. The cyan bits used to be orange. How do I get around this?

I've used the object buffers several different ways, but I get the same effect. I've used them as a Luma matte for an Adjustment Layer. I've also pre-comped them, gotten an alpha via Set Matte (Luminance), and used that pre-comp as an Adjustment layer. I've also tried choking in and out using Simple Choker, but it is still there. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Capture.PNG

I couldn't speak for AE but in pshop if i can't tweak it with either end of a levels command or get it with a regular alpha i usually just set the materials on the object to pure black and white, white in the luminance so need for any lights. Sometimes changing the AA to sat or alias can help if the standard MIP isn't working.

Sometimes I get the same issues and others its perfect. Hopefully some of the other members may have some AE tricks to sort you out.

Deck

• Topic Author
  • 15 hours ago, deck said:

I couldn't speak for AE but in pshop if i can't tweak it with either end of a levels command or get it with a regular alpha i usually just set the materials on the object to pure black and white, white in the luminance so need for any lights. Sometimes changing the AA to sat or alias can help if the standard MIP isn't working.

Sometimes I get the same issues and others its perfect. Hopefully some of the other members may have some AE tricks to sort you out.

Deck

Thanks Deck! Good tips. I'll give those a shot. It does seem to be working better in different shots (not giving me troubles).