lopakam

This year's Christmas card

Every year I use C4D to create our family Christmas card.  This year I took a picture of us in front of our house (unfortunately no snow today) and used a Genesis2 figure from Daz to create Santa.  I then found a free model of a 1956 Oldsmobile on Turbosquid.  I changed the shaders on the Olds and rendered in Arnold.  I was asked a few times why I used a '56 Olds.  I have no idea except that's the kind of car I would imagine that Santa would drive!  Of course he uses his sleigh on Christmas Eve.  The rest of the year he drives his Olds.

Mark

Christmas2018v6d

• Like 3

this is actually really nice one...I hope you will have a great Xmas and New Year with your family. Nice house by the way! :) 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Thanks Igor.  The hardest part was coming up with an idea.  While it's really a simple idea, I feel the picture is fun.

I bought the house because the schools are very good, and it's on a lot of land that is deep in the woods.  Only problem with a large house is I now have my mother-in-law living with us, and everyone that comes in town stays with us.  So it get really hectic around the holidays.  And my mother-in-law drives me nuts.  The only thing that is getting me through this is beer.  A lot of beer.

If celebrated, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well.  I assume your picture includes your child.  They really make Christmas magical!

Mark