Sign in to follow this  
teknow

Why won't this render??

This file plays perfectly in my editor window but the hair is all distorted when I try to render it. What on earth could be causing this? I use the standard renderer.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HFIJE1Iv0gLB6fGTGYSX6S0RRwbtutON?usp=sharing

It also makes a good study file for dissection for anyone who wants to study Hair and what it can do. There is some Hair Xpresso in it.

Not in front of machine, but usually when this happens with hair and you have complex setup and Xpresso, first try to cache all. If that doesn't help then it is most likely priorities of Xpresso and how scene is setup...

I was playing yesterday with file for an hour or more maybe, but didn´t found solution. I was tried changing priorities, frame depending options and few others, but no success...

As said Hrvoje, due to relative complexity of scene heavy dependent on updating/calculation every frame baking/cashing could be posible solution.

• Topic Author
  • bezo and HSrdelic: Thanks so much for taking the time to evaluate the file! I will try baking it.

• Topic Author
  • I am new to baking. I selected the Hair objects and in the animation window selected Function - Bake. The distortions were still there when I rendered. Was that the correct technique?

You'll need to select the Hair Object in the Object Manager, then in the Attributes Manager, select the Cache tab, and click the Calculate button, once cached, try a render. 

The cache tab will hold all calculations for the Hair in memory and playback/rendering should be correct.