Sign in to follow this  
ESay

Texture Override

Hello everyone, first time posting but I have found tons of solution to C4D problems in the past so I really appreciate the communities help. 

I have a texture tag issue I am working with. I have searched the internet high and low for a solution but haven't been able to find anything. Was hoping you guys could help out. 

I want a texture tag applied to a parent object, a cloner in the this case, to be applied on top of all the texture tags of the children. Now the children objects have their own texture hierarchies that I don't want to remove or otherwise bake in. I want to maintain the textured children with editable textures from a workflow standpoint. I attached a short video that show exactly what I am looking for. 

https://vimeo.com/308022119

Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance! 

Hi Eric

I couldn't make that work myself tho Im no expert. You may have come up with this already for a bit of a workaround, but with a texture still applied to individual clones and set to camera mapping, its possible to have them run over the individual clones tho its not great round the sides, but could work for the case you have illustrated. I have the camera set to frontal so theres no perspective in the projection, no distortion from camera lens basically.

Acting like a slide projector i suppose.

Grab and file below

Deck

Texture over cloner cheat 01.c4d

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 11.30.24.png

• Topic Author
  • Cool, I gave this project a try. It is an interesting solution that allows you to paint in the style I want with a camera. I will definitely use this. 

Would still love a true override, but this was a cool solution. 

Thanks!

Another posible way could be using polyinstance of cloner. This way you could add as many textures/decals as needed with different projections etc.

Only what is needed is some plugin which create polyinstance in real time. In my example was used xsPolyinstance created by Yann Koeth (xsYann)

Another similar plugin  called ToPoly created by Rui Batista (ruimac) works the same way...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b785soez9yagg0z/polyinstance_solution.png?dl=0