muratz

Blender Shuts Down Exporting Alembic

Hi, I've been using Blender to make some fluid simulations and merge those in Cinema 4D as .abc files. (animated)
Since a short time, whenever i try to export an .abc file, blender shuts down in seconds. 

What can be the issue due to your experiences? Can it be that my program files is in D disk partition? May be The Blender insists on its default temp folders? But i am not sure of anything. Yesterday and today i made tens of tries and failed. 

(Any solution ideas about getting fluid simulation into Cinema 4d are welcome. I look for a method to import simulation scene as animated and work on it in CINEMA 4D. It is something like working with Houdini & Cinema 4D, or real flow software and Cinema 4D. The difference is that i look for a solution on a free software like Blender. I need simulating fluids very rare and it would be unworthy to buy a program for it.)

Seems like a crash in Alembic exporter...did you try using another alembic format if it offers that? Should be Ogawa and hdf5 (or something like that)

• Topic Author
  • 10 hours ago, Fastbee said:

This is a Cinema 4D forum.

Really? I thought this is a banana.

This is an issue about creating fluid simulations to work with it in Cinema 4D. May be someone could offer another format or way to get those and use in CINEMA 4D. 
    And you have to avoid of here, there are some dangerous words under this title. People says "CAD", or other horrible words here. 

You can report my question to administration and they can delete it if there is something wrong about forum rules.

• Topic Author
  • 10 hours ago, HSrdelic said:

Seems like a crash in Alembic exporter...did you try using another alembic format if it offers that? Should be Ogawa and hdf5 (or something like that)

Thanks for your reply. I can't see those options in export window. Now  i search for other free alternatives that can be used for fluid simulations which can be exported to be merged in C4D. 

9 hours ago, muratz said:

This is an issue about creating fluid simulations to work with it in Cinema 4D. May be someone could offer another format or way to get those and use in CINEMA 4D. 
    And you have to avoid of here, there are some dangerous words under this title. People says "CAD", or other horrible words here. 

You can report my question to administration and they can delete it if there is something wrong about forum rules.

Your problem is with exporting from Blender though.  If you said what is the best format to import to C4D that would be different.  For your problem I'd try deleting and reinstalling Blender.  If that doesn't work I'm not that familiar with blender so you should go to the blender forum to get alembic working.  I'd say alembic would be the best way to import the fluid sim to C4D so try to get that working.  Maybe you could export points through fbx and mesh it in c4d if points are an option as part of the fluid sim in blender, but I'm not familiar enough with blender to know if it is an option.

12 hours ago, muratz said:

some say one shall not compare apples to pears, but bananas are all around thats for sure. the problem is obviously not in c4d here, so its pretty natural that somebody reminds that you are in the swiss alps while you are actually longing to be in the jungle with monkeys.

real flow for cinema costs 486.50€ atm since its in a special offer. even if you need it only once, a job properly remunerated should compensate this easily. and since its perpetual like cinema you can still use it anytime later.

• Topic Author
  • On 12/27/2018 at 9:34 PM, Qoph said:

some say one shall not compare apples to pears, but bananas are all around thats for sure. the problem is obviously not in c4d here, so its pretty natural that somebody reminds that you are in the swiss alps while you are actually longing to be in the jungle with monkeys.

real flow for cinema costs 486.50€ atm since its in a special offer. even if you need it only once, a job properly remunerated should compensate this easily. and since its perpetual like cinema you can still use it anytime later.

I think a comment should be written to get some solution or benefit. Your comment is none of it, only written to have been written. Jungle...Monkeys... I am a Cinema 4d user and i pay for C4D, i like to work with C4D. And it is so common to use some other softwares together. Also this forum has sooooo many titles and issues about Autodesk Programmes like 3ds max, Maya, CAD apps and also some other far products like Houdini... That is a natural part of this 3d subject. To compare some wellknown softwares is also childish like you've done. I am a C4D user but i never try to make any humorous comparisions between programmes. Blender is also very good software. It is used in corporate projects since. You can find so many professional users who make unbelievable awesome jobs with Blender. It is free to search and see them on internet/youtube. If they are all in jungle, you yourself may be in a cave, not alps. There is a forum control here, administration and others... I've always used this forum to get knowledge and been kind. If there is something wrong according to forum rules, those people can remind it and make what to do. You give nothing to this issue and i see none of your wonderfull works to talk and give advises around.