Sign in to follow this  
AndreasZ

Ripple Shader not baking correctly

Hello all, 

I'm trying to bake out the ripple shader to use it later in redshift but the baking isn't working as expected.
I attached the regular render and the baked texture animation. I haven't found anybody posting about this, am I missing something obvious?

Unfortunately, for what I'm trying to do, the obvious workaround of rendering a top view wouldn't work since the the actual object with the ripples won't be a plane like in the proof of concept.

Thanks in advance for your help

particles.c4d

ripple shader cannot be baked because it´s a shader effect no particle geometry or such

• Topic Author
  • Hey there, thanks for the reply. If that were the case the square video above would have been completely black and wouldn't have those few frames of ripples, no?

I just tried piping the Ripple Shader directly into a RedShift material via the C4D Shader node, but no luck.  Then I thought I'l check the RS forums for you, but saw you already posted there :)

• Topic Author
  • If i'm not mistaken all c4d shaders are baked on render initialization and are not animated in redshift which is why I was looking for a way around that limitation.

1 hour ago, AZacha said:

If i'm not mistaken all c4d shaders are baked on render initialization and are not animated in redshift which is why I was looking for a way around that limitation.

Yeah, I think you're right.  I wish there was a way to check "animated" for a C4D shader.  We should both put in a feature request!