kkamin

3D Character Software that uses photos

Hi,

I’m on a Mac and am looking for software that does a good job of creating CG people and the heads using photographs. I’m new to this, but something like iClone looks great for my purposes but unfortunately it’s just for PC. I like how it imports a photograph and then you align things. 

Obviously exporting well to C4D is preferable.

thanks everyone. 

Hi

I would have to point you to DAZStudio, thats on mac and its free.  As for making heads from photos not sure what you mean but this but it sounds like photogrammetry, there are a few apps that do that but I dont know much about that , i model heads from photos as back drops in C4D.  I dont have a mac.

https://www.daz3d.com/daz_studio

Dan

1 hour ago, Visionnext said:

There is a plugin for Daz Studio, Headshop Pro 11

https://www.daz3d.com/headshop-11-win

I's not free and it seems to have some bugs that will be solved with updates, but some people get some good results with it.

That looks quite cool, shame the OP only uses mac though.

Dan

11 hours ago, Rectro said:

That looks quite cool, shame the OP only uses mac though.

Dan

Sorry, just didn't realize that it doesn't work on Mac although it is a Daz plugin. Seems that Mac doesn't get the love, they received in the past by independent developers. Apple has to push the Mac again...

It's almost a requirement for us Mac users to have access to Windows at some point. I've usually had either a virtual machine (Parallels or VM Fusion), or if you need to run a little faster using Bootcamp to boot into a complete Windows machine. Don't alway get the same GPU support, but it gets you there.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks, everyone. Daz3D looks like it will work! They make the Headshop plugin for Mac but it's v9.2 and looks so-so.

We use Mac's at work in our creative department, so unfortunately, I'm at a loss for some great software.