Q Paul

Ropes pulling softbody through a hole

• Topic Author
  • Whewww. Sorry for starting this thread and disappearing. I had some personal issues that kept me away and I am just now getting back. THANK YOU so much for looking at this and giving it a go. Way more than I expected.  As I am writing this I have not yet had a chance to open up the reposted versions to see what all has been thought through. I will do that now.  More soon.

Hope all is well and sorry for seeming impatient earlier.  Apparently it's a fun problem to try and solve!  Hope you have enough hints now to make some progress at least :D

• Topic Author
  • Thanks so much @natevplas.  I really think I have some great new approaches. At the moment I got pulled over to a different project, but this will be great for my mind to marinade in the different ways I might do this.  This community is great! 

• Topic Author
  • On 1/5/2019 at 9:11 AM, teknow said:

Here is a better example. Change the Y Add Force from 100 to 200 and watch what happens.

Hair Proximity 3.c4d.zip

Thanks Teknow very interesting approach. It seems you aren't to far down the road from me. Not to mention that we both do medical animation. I look forward to talking with you more.

Same here! Where are you located? Let's definitely communicating.

I really enjoy medical animation but it seems to be a rarity on this message board unfortunately.

• Topic Author
  • Yes, I am just South West of Denver. I would be happy to talk with you more in depth, maybe even grab a coffee. Feel free to reach out any time.

Wow, you are really close.

send me an email at ross.donald2@att.net and I will buy you a cup of coffee!