hello everybody,

i'm having an issue while baking an object. I have textured a shoe, using standard C4D materials but also of ones referring to normal and bump maps on my pc. I'm trying to bake the texture onto the shoe and then export as a collada for someone else to work on. After the baking process i end up with a little issue - those textures containing bump maps and normal maps, seems to have an error. Those details are no more visible and the areas have a different color then they should.

I might be missing something simple, thanks for any advice.

Its hard to say like this without a file, but your UVs could be an issue! If you didn't unwrap UVs correctly than you might have issues.

• Topic Author
  • Hey, the thing is i did not unwrap it at all. The model is complicated and I have never done it before. Could You recommend any place to start learning this UV unwrapping process?

Thank You @Igor.

You Tube is very good platform for it. Good thing is that you can follow any UV tutorial to get a sense of how and what UV unwrapping is. Its the same for all applications, just different tools. 

• Topic Author
  • thank You @Igor! I've followed this tutorial by Uber Eck (https://vimeo.com/201463658). As far as I understand, I'm doing everything correctly. Got my shoe divided in separate parts - laces, sole, etc. I unwrapped all of the parts that has not been baked correctly before. After I finished, I've again clicked the Bake Object menu - then checked "keep UV's" and ran the process. In the preview, everything looks OK. I can see that each part of the shoe is being analyzed. But after the calculation finishes, all i get is a messed-up texture. And whenever I re-run the process, the effect is different.

image.thumb.png.37ef807bd072a668548492db07a1d7c0.png