• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
teknow

Medical files

I feel really flattered. Joren Kandel at The Pixel Lab used some of my files for freebies this month. They are a little ways down with scrolling. Some of them might be good learning files for those studying Mograph, Hair, Xpresso, and other topics.

https://www.thepixellab.net/blog-page

Whoever said that things don't make you happy obviously didn't have Cinema 4D

I dont find this surprising, your scenes are great! :)

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Just what the doctor ordered! (kidding)

I downloaded your files and the look great indeed!!
Just wondering how you cope with the viewport performance of Cinema?
For example I opened the "Cell Surface receptors 1" document. There is no way to scrub the timeline to check the animation. 
The only way is to disable multiple objects and the cloner to have some feedback.

I really want MAXON to step up and get their performance up to a level of the other 3D apps. 

Don't shoot me but currently I am working on a medical animation. At first I started my project in C4D but I got sooo frustrated about the performance I ended up exporting the meshes and alembic animation to (*cugh) 3DsM** It is a little more hand-work but scrubbing the timeline with direct feedback is more important for me for exact timing.  More importantly; when a client is sitting next to you :-)

Menno

• Topic Author
  • Igor, Thank you!

• Topic Author
  • Mennovandijk, Thank you. I don't have a problem scrubbing with any of those files actually. I wonder if it isn't your hardware setup. I don't have a high end setup just an iMac Retinal 5k 27" 4 GHz with Intel core i7 quad, 32 Gb Ram, and tons of storage.

If you want any freebie help on any medical projects just let me know. I love doing this stuff. Another thought is that the majority of drugs work through G protein Coupled Receptors and by doing animations of these and their various signaling pathways you can get work with pharmaceutical companies.

You really make me curious what you say about the performance. I am running Windows 10 with a AMD Threadripper, 32GB Ram and a RTX 2080ta + 1080 setup. It should be enough for most scenes. 
    Would it be possible to do a small screen recording opening your "Cell Surface receptors 1"  file and scrub thought the timeline?
    I am trying to figure out why C4D slows down so much  with some documents.
    At the moment we/I am expanding my business into more medical projects. Perhaps we can help each other  in the future ;-) 

Will send you a pm

18 minutes ago, teknow said:

• Topic Author
  • I don't know how to do a screen recording, I always just render .tiff images and then make an mp4 in After Effects. 

When I scrub the timeline I get those white boxes till I stop. Is that what you mean?

BTW, I have a ton of medical files already completed which you are welcome to. Perhaps I have already done a project you will get in the future.

• Topic Author
  • Are PMs in preferences settings?

Probably the best way to message me is email: ross.donald2@att.net

• Topic Author
  • Vertex Helix, Thanks very much!