Tinkertoy

Easy way to mold an object to another?

i'm pretty sure there's a simply way, I just don't know it. how would I get this box to mold to the surface of this capsule with the least amount of steps? and thank you again for all of your help. you guys are awesome.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

You mean like this? Should be self explanatory. I just outline the original spline then deleted some points. Make the outline distance half the width of the cube.

Although I created the spline manually as it's easy to do another way is to make the Capsule editable. You then select edges and run the "Edge to Spline" command. If you're real clever you just duplicate the original Capsule then make the duplicate bigger. You then don't have to use the Spline Outline command to create the spline with the offset.

SplineWrap.zip

So you just drew a spline and then used the spline wrap to get the box to follow it? I just want to make sure I actually understand the process.

5 hours ago, Tinkertoy said:

So you just drew a spline and then used the spline wrap to get the box to follow it? I just want to make sure I actually understand the process.

Correct more or less. I traced the capsule then used the spline outline tool to create a spline offset in the correct place.