MKPJ

Moving Reflections on an Object

Hi Team,

I have a question that I'm a little embarrassed to ask. I've spent hours researching it and have found very little information so am presuming that I haven't been searching the correct techniques. So here is the question:

What are the techniques for adding moving reflections to an object in Cinema 4D. For example; a VFX vehicle for comping into a real world plate shot? I'm looking for some clarification.

I figure it must be achieved with either:

A) A 360 footage plate, shot on location from the top of a moving vehicle. Then projected on to geometry around the vehicle model within C4D?

B) Still images of the location projected on to basic geometry loosely matching the location?

Any clarification or idea's/techniques I am overlooking would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Matt

To partially answer my own question. It would seem that yes projecting stills of the location on to basic geometry produces the best results. It is a little time consuming though to set the scene up. If anyone has a quicker way to achieve this or even any information on the principles behind these techniques let me know please!

MJ

I'd vote for a mix of both actually. Taking an HDRI on set is extremely useful for both reflections and light matching, modelled geometry for interaction/shadow casting if I need something particular.