Whats up guys. haven't done any personal work in a while, so this should be fun, more to come soon :D999516566_wip1.thumb.png.d00f63dc6cffd3d2b273ca55dd91371d.png 

wip_1_wire.thumb.png.18069bb786fe128734985aef42fd09d0.png

• Like 5

• Topic Author
  • 19 minutes ago, everfresh said:

that topology almost makes me want to rig it ;)

haha almost ;)

Do you plan out the topology first? Plan the loops and the flow and where the 5-sided poles will go? Or do you dig in and fix things later?

• Topic Author
  • 21 hours ago, Freemorpheme said:

Do you plan out the topology first? Plan the loops and the flow and where the 5-sided poles will go? Or do you dig in and fix things later?

I don't plan it out persay , I tend to just build all the loops in as I go, the topology does differ slightly from model to model , depending on how detailed the face is or how high or low poly it's going to be, I tend to build the face in a specific way, so I'll start with disk, with the centres removed for the eye sockets , and make sure these have the desired loops , same for the nose and mouth areas , once you've got all those made its just a matter of connecting them altogether, I know that Its impossible to avoid 5 sided poles so I'll just make sure i put these as far away from the mouth or any area that's going to deform  as possible, sometimes I'll come back to it later on and adjust the topology if I can see a better way of doing it that I didn't spot the first time, it's sort of like a puzzle every time but after you've built a few characters you can kind of visualise the topology and where to put this and that before you've even got to that part.

wouldn't mess with Hammy

I admire how you do quads; bet you get even quads out of a triangle :thisrocks: (that was a joke)

great work

• Topic Author
  • On 1/9/2019 at 12:40 AM, vanderleden said:

wouldn't mess with Hammy

I admire how you do quads; bet you get even quads out of a triangle :thisrocks: (that was a joke)

great work

i keep my triangle blaster handy at all times :D

Awesome stuff Vector! I remember seeing your work when I first started hanging out here and they were always a source of inspiration. Great job as always!

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 20 hours ago, vanderleden said:

mind me borrowing it for a "short" while ?

Hmmm...i don't tend to lend out high powered laser weapons, but you seem responsible enough :2uge4p4:

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, Igor said:

Long time no see...keep up and update us regularly! :)

Yes it has my friend, hopefully i'll be posting more regularly again :D

• Like 1