• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, AZacha said:

Awesome stuff Vector! I remember seeing your work when I first started hanging out here and they were always a source of inspiration. Great job as always!

Haha thanks bro! i've been a bit lazy with personal work lately, hoping to remedy that now :P

• Topic Author
  • On 1/11/2019 at 9:28 PM, vanderleden said:

oh I am

I am

:smiley-eatdrink004:

:DD

• Topic Author
  • Alright so here's an update from last week, not totally sure on the body shape or style yet.

hammy render test 2.jpg

hammy render test 2 wire.jpg

• Like 1

Lookin' good as always! =)

I like the shape, and the simplicity of it (in shape and mesh) I think it's even possible to have him stand on all 4 feet this way. IF you're going to animate him of course ^^

Funny btw, I work exactly the same as you do!

On 1/7/2019 at 8:19 PM, VECTOR said:

I don't plan it out persay , I tend to just build all the loops in as I go, the topology does differ slightly from model to model , depending on how detailed the face is or how high or low poly it's going to be, I tend to build the face in a specific way, so I'll start with disk, with the centres removed for the eye sockets , and make sure these have the desired loops , same for the nose and mouth areas , once you've got all those made its just a matter of connecting them altogether, I know that Its impossible to avoid 5 sided poles so I'll just make sure i put these as far away from the mouth or any area that's going to deform  as possible, sometimes I'll come back to it later on and adjust the topology if I can see a better way of doing it that I didn't spot the first time, it's sort of like a puzzle every time but after you've built a few characters you can kind of visualise the topology and where to put this and that before you've even got to that part.

• Topic Author
  • 14 minutes ago, kingcoma said:

Lookin' good as always! =)

I like the shape, and the simplicity of it (in shape and mesh) I think it's even possible to have him stand on all 4 feet this way. IF you're going to animate him of course ^^

Funny btw, I work exactly the same as you do!

Cheers bro! he should be a fun one:D , yea i think that's a good workflow for this type of thing, good to see you back bro, should visit more often ;)

Thanks, man. Last year was extremely superbusy work-wise, not much time for personal work. And if I had time, been struggling a bit with an artist block =(

Hope to post something new soon!

• Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, kingcoma said:

Thanks, man. Last year was extremely superbusy work-wise, not much time for personal work. And if I had time, been struggling a bit with an artist block =(

Hope to post something new soon!

Ah man i get what you mean, i haven't done any personal work since last august! 

• Topic Author
  • Here's another update, mainly to the proportions and shape of the body 

hammy 8e render test 2 jpeg.jpg