blastframe

Lag with Spline Deformer & Xpresso

Hello,

I am distributing cubes along a high-res spline using Xpresso. I am using a lower-res spline and a Spline Deformer to deform the high-res spline.

There is a significant lag between the Xpresso and Spline Deformer. In the image below, you can see the lag when using the Timeline's 'Go to Next Frame' or 'Go to Next Key' buttons. The cubes do not distribute to the deformed spline until the button is pressed again. I have tried using a Cloner (rather than Xpresso) to distribute the cubes, but this does not fix the issue. I have also tried changing the Expression priorities, Object Manager order, and using the Shift Priority tag, but these did not work.

I have attached my scene file if anyone can offer any help. Thank you!

Lag.thumb.gif.aa95ff2a590e9a00b8aba72d378f2834.gif

Lag between Spline Deformer and Xpresso.c4d

You can simplfy your XP with a bit of iteration. Just point hierarchy at the cube's parent, D = down 1 level, N = next same level. Object index gets the cube index in the list.

lag2.c4d

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Hi jed,

I hope it's okay to ask another question. I'm now experiencing the same lag with the Skin object. Changing its priority to Generators 0 or -1 (or changing its order in the Object Manager) does not fix it.

Could you please shed light on what's happening with this?

lag3.c4d

Not too sure on that scenario - one of the more experienced animators could probably advise here.

• Like 1