Rectro

Charlize Theron Digital Double W.I.P

Hello all.

This is my first project for 2019.  My aim is to create a digital double of the actor Charlize Theron.  Im in no rush on this one, so will be updating as I go.  I will also be happy to answer any questions.  Comments, critiques welcome.

Im a bit ahead already so here is the start stage modelling the head.  I place down the core loops then fill the gaps.  Eyes, mouth, muzzle, jaw line, and head centre line along with the big neck muscle Sternocleidomastoid.  I will be making the whole entire body, clothes as a complete finished asset.

step 1a face.png

step 1b face.png

step 1c face.png

step 1d face.png

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, everfresh said:

since she has the ability to look incredibly beautiful and also surprisingly ugly in some movies (at least for her standards) you should make two versions and make a gif where you blend between the 2 versions :D

Good idea.  She is going to be a challenge as iv searched through hundreds of images and she looks so different from one set to another, some images it dont even look like her.  I think by the time I get there there will be quite a few different versions, its going to take a fair while but its a personal project so as long as I can keep my focus it wont matter.  I make the base mesh so its sculptable animatable to a certain degree so I can make these changes as morph targets like I did my last project.

Dan

maybe choose a specific look from a movie for example, mad max, that would be a cool version

How exciting. Do all the polys have to be planar? And do you extrude the loops to get the next loop or do you use the poly pen?

• Topic Author
  • Hi

Its a organic shape so would be impossible to have the polygons planar, more so when you get the sculpting brush on it.  For adding loops I use the (Loop/Path) tool.  I would add the essential loops as I extrude with the polypen tool then use the  (Loop/Path) tool after.

8 hours ago, VECTOR said:

maybe choose a specific look from a movie for example, mad max, that would be a cool version

Im going to try to get her likeness in general then I could maybe put her into Character such as Aeon Flux.

5 hours ago, vanderleden said:

ambitious project

you get this in no time

Thanks,  yes I will get there.

16 hours ago, AndreasZ said:

Very cool!

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Igor said:

Old school modeling, nice! :)

Yea, cant beat the old way, results are always good.

18 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Good choice of character :)

Yea I think so too.  Iv been meaning to model her for some time.  Scarlett Johansson is on my list too.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Quick update:  Finishing head and body.

I apply a smooth deformer at low level to smooth the mesh out, then use C4D sculpting tools to get general form.  I make eye lashes from Hair system then converted them to geometry.  These are stand in ones for now while I spend the next part getting likeness, and breaking symmetry.  From here I will finnish hands and feet the push it over to Zbrush.

Dan

step 2 head body.png

step 2 head finishing.png

Step 3 hands and feet.png

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • Last update for today.  Added some details for certain anatomical land marks.  This mesh is intended for sculpting use.  If I intended this for animation id pay more attention to certain areas but this should get me a decent mesh to work off. I didnt use any reference for body so will do some tweaking to get it more as I want tomorrow If I get time.

step 4 complete.png

step 4 details.png

• Like 3