Rectro

Charlize Theron Digital Double W.I.P

After your amazingly great Tyrion Lannister model you have set the bar pretty high!

• Topic Author
  • 13 hours ago, Visionnext said:

Wow, what a self-challenge! You're awesome!

Thanks, have to keep pushing one self in order to progress much like bodybuilding, progressive overload.

8 hours ago, teknow said:

After your amazingly great Tyrion Lannister model you have set the bar pretty high!

Yea its not going to be easy thats for sure, but I will get better with each try.  Females apparently are much harder to get likeness.

7 hours ago, BigAl3D said:

Hmmmm, can you 3D print her-life size? Hmmmmmm.

Wouldn't that be good!

4 hours ago, EAlexander said:

This looks very nice. Following with interest. Do you know which engine you're going to use? 

Im using Vray 3.6, is has the best skin shader options one being ALsurface.

Dan

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • Here is some updates, until Monday I think, gota spend time with family.  Iv made the extras like Eyes,  Tongue,  Teeth, Tear Ducts, Lashes.  This will all help me get the feel for the progress of the look.  Next I will make some mock up hair to aid in this.  Iv done Uvs in Unfold3D, and have taken her into Zbrush to get the Primary and part of secondary forms, but before I aim for total likeness I use just anatomy forms first, then tweak it.  Il stick with these levels for a while as I tweak her likeness, then add detail last.

1794074196_step4extras.thumb.png.c680799d254a92b4171d81b2916c9fa2.png582938868_Step6Uvs.thumb.png.fe24c23ddd3e6eb10f02304386c53503.png1971553770_step5.thumb.png.d8a8159edd201725ebabf4d008e71464.png984469313_step6ZBRUSHPASS1.thumb.png.335770b01c0605c6c723f00a9c2b8da6.png

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 7 minutes ago, rasputin said:

It already looks incredibly like her.  Good job.

Thank you, Im glad you can see she is looking like her.  

• Topic Author
  • This is the first main pass for her anatomy, and likeness.  The hair was made from hair system using generate polygons from hair, then I run it though Volumes.  Im very pleased with the results so far even as a sculpt.  The time spent on making a good base mesh has really helped.  I also can't over emphasise how good the sculpting tools are in C4D, this is not all Zbrush sculpting.  The render below is in C4D using Vray Alsurface, no GI.  Il work on this maybe Monday, but its hard to pull myself away when I'm in flow.

Dan

step 8 anatomy.png

• Topic Author
  • Better Workflow between Zbrush and C4D

Stepping into the link between Zbrush and C4D Iv found a much better workflow this time around.  I do not bother with maps during the likeness process but duplicate the Zbrush model and delete all levels apart from level 4.  I send this over to C4D to check likeness.  The lighting, SSS, hair, shadows and certainly the camera perspective can change allot.

Dan