Igor

C4D Cafe - Steam Punk Project

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Duca said:

Finally a great idea!

I am going to candidate my self.

GREAT!

P.S. I am a screenwriter and a director, maybe can I be useful also to Concept , storyboard, narrative issues and so on..., if it helps.
    Question: is there a script about this projects?

We definitely would need your help. Today we are going to have a meeting and we will brainstorm ideas. So if you want you can join us. 

• Topic Author
  • UPDATE 02 -> In the first post of this topic.

NOTE to everyone:

If you guys would like to participate feel free to read a script and try to make something from it. Share it here and if we find it fit for a project, we will include your work too. :)

sounds very interesting

I have seen a couple Steampunk renders

what a project

looking forward to see your end results

with that:

keep on steamin'

13 hours ago, Igor said:

UPDATE 02 -> In the first post of this topic.

NOTE to everyone:

If you guys would like to participate feel free to read a script and try to make something from it. Share it here and if we find it fit for a project, we will include your work too. :)

Hi Igor
    I sent an email but I got no response. 
    Does this mean its the slot is full?

No worries I understand. I just want to clarify.

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, Vertex Helix said:

Excuse my ignorance but Igor where can I find your mail?

To join, send me an email (vpteamigor(AT)gmail.com) with your name, things you would like to learn and brief info in which area you excel, you can put a number from 1-5
    Example:

Name: Igor

Area of expertise: Texturing 4, Rendering 3
    I would like to learn: Modeling

I love the intent of this project which I interpret to 1) show case the talents of the more experienced users, 2) provide a way to include the inexperienced users more in the community and 3) to have fun.  Kind of like what the Café has been all about.

My biggest concern is the time commitment that it would require.  I know that there has been talk of no deadlines, but in reality there is always an expectation of when things need to get done.  What will happen when those expectations are not met?  As a hobbyist, my day job can (and does) consume huge amounts of time (day and evening) leaving me to only a few hours of C4D a week (if I am lucky).  WIPs for me can go untouched for months as right now, my free time is being spent learning X-Particles, nodes and fields. 

So what happens when someone gets assigned something and then goes MIA (missing in action)?

Dave

5 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

I love the intent of this project which I interpret to 1) show case the talents of the more experienced users, 2) provide a way to include the inexperienced users more in the community and 3) to have fun.  Kind of like what the Café has been all about.

My biggest concern is the time commitment that it would require.  I know that there has been talk of no deadlines, but in reality there is always an expectation of when things need to get done.  What will happen when those expectations are not met?  As a hobbyist, my day job can (and does) consume huge amounts of time (day and evening) leaving me to only a few hours of C4D a week (if I am lucky).  WIPs for me can go untouched for months as right now, my free time is being spent learning X-Particles, nodes and fields. 

So what happens when someone gets assigned something and then goes MIA (missing in action)?

Dave

then we just ask kindly, and if the person doesn't want to do it anymore because of whatever reason, even if it's just lost motivation along the way, it gets assigned to somebody else. no hard feelings. we all know how it is to commit to something and then realize we don't really want to do it anymore, or something more important comes up or we get sick or whatever.. this project should be fun for anybody involved, no need to put pressure on ourselves.

Just now, everfresh said:

then we just ask kindly, and if the person doesn't want to do it anymore because of whatever reason, even if it's just lost motivation along the way, it gets assigned to somebody else. no hard feelings. we all know how it is to commit to something and then realize we don't really want to do it anymore, or something more important comes up or we get sick or whatever.. this project should be fun for anybody involved, no need to put pressure on ourselves.

Hmmm...in my case it wouldn't be because I didn't want to do it anymore as the project, subject matter and the people leading it make for a pretty interesting time where I know I will learn a lot and have fun doing it. 

Unfortunately, the MIA comment comes from work and not from just deciding to opt out.   I would never do that to the people at the Cafe who are donating their valuable time as well.   But work will limit my free time to the weekends (and holidays...like today) and then on the weekends what time I have goes to family, chores, etc.  Whatever is left is C4D time.

Let me think about this.

Dave

this project consists of many many elements, so if you just have time to do a small machine somewhere in the scene or even just some gears for a machine another person is mainly modeling that’s also fine.  how much you wanna do is your choice alone. think about it, would be great to have you on board.

• Topic Author
  • Just one question to everyone, how will you learn any 3D if you don't commit to actual learning? This is nothing different, the only difference is that we work as a team and sometimes if you want to succeed in 3D, you will have to commit to something. 

1 hour ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Unfortunately, the MIA comment comes from work and not from just deciding to opt out.   I would never do that to the people at the Cafe who are donating their valuable time as well.   But work will limit my free time to the weekends (and holidays...like today) and then on the weekends what time I have goes to family, chores, etc.  Whatever is left is C4D time.

Actually that's good and you will have a chance to contribute here, we will make things open source and everyone will be able to do something if they want. But that doesnt meen that we will use any props you or others create.