Hello everyone, it's been a while. :)
I'd like to share with you my second attempt to model, texture and render a car. (First attempt: https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/topic/102766-final-r8-model/)
This is a MB A Class, 100%quads ( I allowed myself a few complex poles in hidden places on the interior because I was getting impatient to finish ). Everything is modelled, including logos and textures/displacement maps with the exception of the tyre thread and side. Materials are made from scratch aswell. Doors, bonnet, boot can be opened. I tried my best to model interiors aswell, although the lack of precise image sources forced me to eyeball most of the stuff....maybe I'll make some renders later on.
I used the physical renderer and made few newbie adjustments in PS to finish.

I was hoping you could give me some feedback to improve further, especially in the modelling process/techniques. :)
My goal would be to reach in time the quality of the models you can buy from turbosquid and such.

A Mesh 0.jpg

A Mesh 1.jpg

• Like 1

Hey looking nice. Some parts could be done better but I can see you learning fast, keep up the good work. :)

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Igor :)

I'd be happy to learn more...I mean beyond the experience that comes with practice. I've already taken a course on modelling from a  MAXON ATC in my country, but sometimes I feel that modelling techniques goes deeper. I can't tell by looking at some websites, if the training they offer is more of the same or on a different level.

If somebody knows for a fact about courses/people to follow in the matter, I'd be glad :)