photorealistic rendering

adamjm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get a realistic render on the model attached below.. Any ideas or tips how i can step it up a gear or two? I currently have 4 area lights and ambient inclusion switched on. 

any feedback would be great so i can take this to another level :)

thanks

Screenshot 2019-01-19 at 14.56.03.png

3D case sample.c4d

Hey, I'm cannot access my c4d machine right now so I'm not able to see nay of the files sent here but from the original image you sent here, I would say that you're off to a great start. Using a cyc may improve reflections of light instead of an infinite plane I think you're using right now. Also, changing the camera angle to something a bit from the top might improve the look as well. Try adding a very light greenish tint to the fill light it'll give a nice accent to the image promoting the color of the object. (Do not do this if you don't want to ruin the white bg). Also, I'd suggest having a look at some gsg studios you can make one on your own but there a great source of knowledge of how to go about lighting your scene:

https://greyscalegorilla.com/downloads/light-kit-pro/

You could also experiment with a reflectance on the floor depending on your needs. To end it, I'd say export a tif to PS where you can do your compositing to make it look awesome.

I apologise if this wasn't extremely helpful but I just told you what I think could be improved. Maybe I'll pitch up a render once I'm home.

Edit: You could also try to put the box in a particular (tilted) position as one would do in real product photography.

Edited by Ayush
Added content

Thanks for the tips.. I'll try a few of those.. I normally try to enhance in photoshop, but I'm trying to make things more photo realistic in C4D if i can.. Does light kit pro work with Prime version of cinema?

Thanks

Oh yes GI might help things as well. It should work with C4D prime because it's just a library but you can also look at images of studios that they have up on their website to see how they light their scenes, of course if you don't want to buy it. IMO, they're a set of really great lights and studios...they look amazing. You should check them out.

Adding cameras to the scene can give you a whole host of features that would not be otherwise available just by the default camera, like control of optical zoom (in mm), depth of field with physical renderer, lens flares, and much more. I encourage you to see C4D documentation or the help section within the app itself.

In what way do you mean higher quality? It is just a more versatile way to set up your scenes and gives you more control of whats on the screen. render output is controlled from the render settings most of the times. It could possibly provide more realism to your renders if you know how to apply it properly and use what looks best.