Sign in to follow this  
themesser

morphing clones ?

Hi all,

so I have a platonic shape exploded into pieces with the voronoi shader, I want the pieces to morph to simplier shapes like cubes and pyramids. 

Is that even possible ?

Thanks!!

I presume you mean Voronoi fracture? Please attach a scene file, then it is easier to help...

yes voronoi fracture. at the end of the scene when pieces fit into place, I need them to be more triangular / cubic.

wp4cafe.c4d.zip

You won't be able to morph the pieces while they are under Voronoi. You have two options here:

1. Convert the generator (use fracture then as parent for all pieces and load inheritance effectors), place morph tags on each piece and then simply shape them in final state as you want and animate the morph

2. Swap the original pieces with finished ones. This is not an option if you want to see them "morphing"

One thing that I did for you is simplification of the scene with same effect. You had the approach of many effectors and selections which is probably not the way to go. Here is a modified scene with two inheritance effectors and keyframes just on them. There are two Fracture objects which serve as a goal for inheritance. I believe it will be way easier for you to proceed now depending on the choice you make.

Hope this helps :)

wp4cafe_0001.c4d

thanks so much for your help and advices, I decided to morph it in AE finally, piece by piece, it is long but good enough considering the look i am going for.

cheers