Hey All,

I'd love some help figuring this one out.  Here is the setup: I have a polygon tree trunk and I've created two different sweep object limbs.  I did a Set Selection of polygons  (call it Limb_bases) on the trunk object where I want the limbs to attach.  The limbs are in a cloner, object mode "trunk", distribution Polygon Center,  selection set to "Limb_bases".  Things seem to work until I noticed some of the clones are sticking to the back side of the polygons (inside the tree) and jutting in the opposite direction.  What you see if the base of the limb sticking out of the front of the polygon and the rest of the limb going through the tree.  

I guess a copy of the file might be the best way to see all the settings, etc.  See attached.

I don't see any option to set the direction or choose the face of the polygon.  Is this a bad approach or am I missing something?  Surface distribution causes weird bunching and Poly Ctr is the effect I want.  I know I could just model them traditionally but I now need to learn from this and figure it out!

Love any help I can get, not the most experienced Mograph user.

Thanks all

Jasper 

Tree_limb_cloner_issue.c4d

Hi and :welcome: to the Cafe

Not in front of C4D atm, but usually it boils down to alignment and up vector in cloner. If that is set ok, then check the normals of the polygons on which clones sit. You can easily switch normals per polygon by clicking U then R. 

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • Thanks @HSrdelic!

The normals trick worked AND  that led me to the real issue, my original splines were placed incorrectly on the the XYZ axis.  One was in +Z and one was going in -Z so that mean one set of the splines was always going the opposite direction.  Thanks for helping me get there and I obviously  need to pay more attention to the original coordinates!