John Warne

Ball Bounce, Keyframe free - no plugins

Hello. 

I was wondering if any of you know a method to Animate a ball bouncing, with no key frames.... with (here's where i'm stuck) Ease in and out. I know the plugin Signal can achieve this, but I was wondering if its possible another way. So far I just  have a ball in a cloner with a formular effector but that doesn't give me a whole lot of control. Have attached my scene. 

Many thanks 

BallBounce_01.c4d

With prime it might be tough.  What comes to my mind would be physics or cmotion.  I don't think either one is in c4d though.  Blender is free and has physics built in.  If you used the physics there to animate it you could export from there to c4d.

Does Prime have XPresso ? This file is sin like yours, with some tweaks. The actual math for a bouncing ball is more complex.

ball.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for both your suggestions. Thats really cool Jed cheers, but I need the ball to loop as if being bounced by an imaginary hand thus the need for Ease in and out. 

You could draw the desired movement in range map and loop it. RM graph has bezier-type handles and also ease for points. In this file I have drawn just 1/2 of a loop and used a sawtooth to sweep down-up.

looper.c4d

• Awesome 1