Burndog

Cursor making selections without user in

Hello, 
This has been a long standing issue that I hope someone will help me understand.

Running C4D Studio R18 and if I mouseOver one of the 4 viewport screens, without clicking, it will become selected. Grrr

OR if there are multiple programs/windows open on my 40' monitor, moving the mouse over C4D immediately claims it as the program in use.

I've dealt with this for a long time but just hoped others may have had similar issues and knew of a solution?

Not sure about C4D viewport but if you're on Windows, in Ease of Access Centre there's a setting that brings a regular window to the front when you hover over it -

mouse.png.3d1319fbfdf0bf7d9cb9759ef11ab744.png

might have got enabled accidentally

• Topic Author
  • 8 minutes ago, jed said:

Not sure about C4D viewport but if you're on Windows, in Ease of Access Centre there's a setting that brings a regular window to the front when you hover over it -

mouse.png.3d1319fbfdf0bf7d9cb9759ef11ab744.png

might have got enabled accidentally

Thank you for the reply Jed. That is exactly what is happening but I am on a Mac. Not sure if your screen shot is from Windows (the Operating System) control or C4D.  But I will start looking at C4D preferences to try to find something similar.  Thanks again.

As a non-native user of Mac, and a user of C4D Studio on Mac since r16, I have never experienced the issue as described in the OP. I looked around in the Mac prefs and C4D prefs and there is nothing about automatic focus via mouse over/hover (at least in Mojave).

A quick search revealed this: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/304649/how-do-i-turn-focus-follows-mouse-off

So, perhaps you are using that Afloat extension? Or perhaps some other app/extension with similar function?

Edit: I wonder if you are running MacOS in a virtual environment? And which version of MacOS?

• Topic Author
  • I am on the latest Mac OS (Mojave 10.14.2).
    Thanks for responding. I thought I might have found it with the C4D preference of "Mouse Move Activation" but that had no effect. I've attached simple video to show the case. Note , the vid is only mouse movements, and no clicks, yet the focus on viewpoints changes.

PS: Not in a virtual environment.

Some things you could check:

Are you using any specialized input device, like a 3D mouse, or pen tablet? Perhaps the drivers are out of date.

Can you confirm that you are not using any special extensions? Or, if you do use them, what are they? Several extensions (e.g. Afloat, Amethyst) have focus-follow-mouse functions and perhaps they are out of date as well, or just don't play nice with Mojave or C4D or both.

Are you running any virtual environments, like Parallels, etc? If so, check all the input device handling prefs.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • I believe it IS related to an input devise. I run a Logitec MX MAster bluetooth mouse. I tested with an old plugin Apple mouse and do not get the same issues.

Thanks for the help as this will help solve the problem!

• Like 1