marian neulant

Fill a certain length with copies

hello café,

is there a way to fill a certain length with copies of let´s say three selected polygons?

having the original on the left, for example, knowing the end point and want to fill it with 8 copies.

found the duplicate tool, but didn´t help me so far.

thanks!

You'll need to use the Mograph Cloner Object for this.

Once you add it to the scene, make your polygon to be duplicated a child of the cloner in the Object Manager.

Then select the cloner in the Object Manager, and check it's settings in the Attribute Manager.

Set it its type to 'Linear' initially, and under the 'Mode' setting  in the Object tab, select 'End Point', this will create a series of copies that fit within a given distance. 

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • thanks, i would like to bevel the edges later on and had the feeling, when i converted the cloner into an objects some bevel opportunities went.

... i attached a pic. i want to do a ceiling with beams, but the beams should be beveled to the ceiling, not to themself

decke.JPG

You could select the edges you want to bevel, then save them into a selection tag. 

Then add a bevel defomer, and add the selection tag you saved ealier  to the selection filed in the Bevel deformer. Ths will restrict the effect fot he deformer to the selected edges.

Another approach would be to add the bevels to the beams before you add them to the cloner object. So basically model the beam to look how you want it before cloning.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

You might be better off selecting the edges and extruding them a few times, moving the edge into place with each extrude.

• Like 1