Ultron

Textures are not displayed in Viewport

Hey guys,

So basically I have a problem with imported textures. Everytime I drag a material with an imported texture onto an object it only appears in one colour wich is picked from the picture I used as a texture. 

So for example if I wanted to drag a picture of a text on red background onto an object, the whole object would be just displayed as red in my Viewport. The texture was applied correctly to the object - it can be seen in the render view...but i want to see it in my workspace as well.

I've been searching all over the internet for solvings and the only solution it came up with was to change the Texture Preview Size to something else than 'default'. 

Funny thing is, I simply do not have another option available than 'default'.

Even after reinstalling the whole Software and getting it all back to the default settings it just didn't work.  

Is there anything I'm missing or did you have a comparable problem? 

I'm just out of ideas and could really use your help! Thanks a lot!

Have you installed Quicktime? Maybe texture file format isn´t support directly by cinema itself. Another problem could be graphic drivers maybe. Nvidia or AMD?

I know you said you applied the texture correctly to the object, but my brain goes right to this area. What came to mind was a UV issue or setting to Flat, but it's turned 90° so it is being "smeared" and you're only seeing part of the texture. 

OR, is your Viewport set to Display as Box? This will give a very basic idea of the texture. Maybe post a screen shot of what you're seeing.

• Topic Author
  • @bezo

Thanks a lot - it was the missing nvidia driver. Problem Solved :shake2:

Being a Mac user, I'm out of the loop with GPU drivers. Ha. Since we really don't have any.