Hrvoje

C4D Cafe Youtube channel massive update

On 2/8/2019 at 12:14 PM, Robotnik said:

My question is, does it seems normal for people like me how paid for those trainings ?

Yeah I also spent some 50-60 Euros on that stuff which is a bit annoying now. But I understand the move. Good for the c4d people out there.

1 hour ago, zeden said:

Yeah I also spent some 50-60 Euros on that stuff which is a bit annoying now. But I understand the move. Good for the c4d people out there.

look at it this way: now you have some additional free space on your drive and can access all the tutorials from any device with internet access. so even the people who paid gain something from that move.

Okay....I have mixed emotions about this.   I did  make a pretty good sizable purchase of all the tutorials as I knew I needed R20 training.  Then I got sent over-seas for an extended assignment in Malaysia and never got to watch them.  So the advantage of "early" learning was not possible. 

But here is where I land on it all:  I am very happy to help out the Café.....consider all the money I spent on the training my gold donation status for the year. 

But here is another HUGE advantage -- in addition to free Café Training from this point forward:

Does anyone have exercise as part of their daily routine?  I do.  I go to the gym each morning around 5:00 AM and get in some time on the Lifecycles for about 40 minutes each day.    The ones at my gym have TV's and they also have internet connections.    I used to just zone out and watch the news, but found myself getting a bit irritated watching the news and who wants to be mad so early in the morning.   Plus, my hotel TV in Malaysian has about 2 English speaking stations...so no go.   So I go to YouTube now and watch C4D tutorials while cycling.  Up until now, it was mostly X-Particles 4 and I would just marvel at how clearly and easily Bob Walmsley would walk us through some pretty complex advection tutorials.  While in Malaysia, I used to think that it would be great to watch Hrvoje's tutorial while exercising.    

Well...now I can. 

Try it.  Don't think that you can't learn unless you are following along within C4D while watching the tutorial.  Just listen.  Watch it more than once.  Let it sink in.  And if you happen to cycle 12 miles and burn 600 calories in the process --- all the better.  Shower and then go home and try for it for yourself (showing is not required....but highly recommended). 

So thank you!

Dave

• Like 2

Re pronunciation of Hrvoje

if you watch the post from Hrvoje about the mograph award, he gets a mention from the guy who said what sounded like Her-voy similar to Her-boy but with a V. Im going with that, not what I was using in my head at all.

Deck

16 hours ago, HSrdelic said:

And new trainings will be free!

Yes I know but still cannot be comfortable with the last ones about R20 . It's not only about money I would have appreciate some words telling us that news before we made the investement. Because I can't believe the decision was made from one day to the other.

I really though that C4D cafe had another manner to treat customers and I'm a old one having  followed Vertex Pusher from the first time.  Sad to see as for MAXON the customer isn't so important ( When will they move the progarmmers to get a usuable UV tool). But anyway I will have to live with that but really sad about it.

• Topic Author
  • We opted for this move just lately and was nowhere near our minds during R20 trainings we released. The thing is that now we have some form of support that enables us to make all current and future content free. Of course, we do have something up our sleeves for old customers but this hasn't still matured and I can't announce it yet :)