djkato

Animating Mograph in BPM with Xpresso

Hello, Ive run into a roadblock, or maybe even a bug, and sadly I dont think Ive got enough experience to find a solution to this.

image.thumb.png.2353a8f0af6eb6518ba20ead47dc0df3.png

This is my setup. Ive got a Cylinder inside a Coner, which clones the cylinder 8 times across 164 cm(end point of Cloner). Next, theres a plain effector with a basic sphere falloff. I want the effector to travel from the start to the finish, and make this almost wavey effect. But only one of the cylinders will be completely "Up" at a time. The "Up" cylinders will shuffle in the tempo of the song, which is 82 BPM(Beats per minute). With this Id like to achieve something like a metronome. I did the math, and here are my notes:

82 bpm
164 cm end point of cloner 

because I need another space AFTER the last cylinder, I needed to calculate how big the empty spaces between the actual pillars are, which Ive done like this:

(164  - [6[radius of pillar] *8[amount of pillars] *2[to get the diameter]]) /8 = 8,5

164+8,5=172,5cm

172,5cm Path lengh
8 pillars

8 = 172,5 cm
82= x

x : 172,5 = 82 : 8

x = 1768,125 CM/per 60 seconds == 29,46875/s
10,25 x it has to go around

next up, I had to do the logic of the effector actually looping once it arrived at the end of Cylinders array+last empty space.

Heres How I Tried to do it:

image.thumb.png.e4b79905733ee949ef1e7016e5f93bc3.png

But as you probably can see, not even the time itsself has a result. also, Im like 100% sure that the logic I tried to do is wrong. Dont even think that I got the concept right.

The main thing Id like to fix is Time not moving when the animation plays, and the very much appreciated explonation of how to do my logic right would finish this all off. This might be my most complex expresso yet, and its an utter mess.

Thanks in advance, 

Djkato.

Only registered users can see replies - please register for full access!