Sign in to follow this  
Bolos

Respected Community Member

“Respected Community Member” ? Does this mean others aren’t ?

I guess it’s not intended to but I think something better (regarding others) could be found. I always found this badge mildly infuriating but never took time to voice it, so here is my opinion on it.

I think that might be a remnant of the original cafe group names - I can see what @3DKiwi was probably trying to go for there, but agree it feels a little odd if for no other reason than that you don't see it on any other forums :) Just out of interest, what would you call that group ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for taking my complaint into consideration :)

Maybe it could be something more evasive ? I think "Special member" could do the trick. At least it doesn't feel as annoying.

Generally I think there's a lot of different groups that doesn't bring much except making me feel like there's some hierarchy. I browsed a little on members info and there's also "Cafe contributor" that gives me the same feeling. Am I not a contributor myself ?

Of course, I understand those sporting this title must be very present and helpful members but does it have to be labelled ?

I have no problem with a title like mod or admin but I think groups based on one's skills and/or interests would be more informative/inclusive.

Just some thoughts here, not important but thanks again for not eluding from it :)

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

I think that might be a remnant of the original cafe group names - I can see what @3DKiwi was probably trying to go for there, but agree it feels a little odd if for no other reason than that you don't see it on any other forums :) Just out of interest, what would you call that group ?

CBR

Nah. Pretty sure we didn't have corny member titles like this. We had the following titles from memory which were the defaults for the forum:

new member (under 2 posts), regular member (more than 2 posts), moderators, administrators

Then we had the bronze, silver and gold Cafe supporters club badges.

Folks, we will change that. From English speaker point of view it doesn't have the same tone and meaning as we intended during direct translation. However we have to have (for easier database maintenance and similar) some sort of grouping and we are open to suggestions  :)

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

We did some changes and now it is renamed to "Cafe Frequenter" - hope that is ok.

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

frequenter sounds a bit weird, thats just a harder way to say "regular". if it was a real world cafe or bar the people that came in alot would be described by staff etc as "regulars".

I never really thought bout it myself till this post and am not overly bothered but frequenter strikes me as odd.

Sorry if that bothers anyone.

Deck

• Topic Author
  • I agree with Deck, frequenter seems weird and regular would be more fitting but there's already regular member, which seems in place for newer members, like me.

how about "comesherequiteoftener" or "haspostedabuncher"... ? :slysmile:

jokes aside, why not keep it simple and call new members new member and regular vistors regular member?

looking at kiwis title i have to say i'm a bit disappointed that i am not considered an honourable member :164:

tbh i think those titles shouldn't be taken so seriously, i couldn't be less offended if anyone here is called king of the jungle or whatever nor do i care about my own title. But maybe that's just me.... wait, what does "TDMSC" actually mean btw? Tremendously Dumb Moronic Shitbox Cleaner?

TDMSC?

TD stands for technical directing or technical development. MSC is Master section Class

24 minutes ago, bezo said:

TDMSC?

TD stands for technical directing or technical development. MSC is Master section Class

oh, yeah right... i once subscribed to that... makes sense. :D

why not C4D Cafe User