Jaee

Water Condensation Material Problem

Hi guys,

The water drops become murky and dark when I put three cans together. It looks okay if I render only one can. Does anyone know why? I am using Arnold render engine. Thanks,

1 Can

3209-screen-shot-2019-02-11-at-44323-pm.png.2dda25dc3e7c2b8ed6ed733863492526.png

3 Cans

3208-screen-shot-2019-02-11-at-44319-pm.thumb.png.17144a3ba4bdc36cb4cd5fe3fc1cc6a3.png

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, Fastbee said:

If you only have a single sided polygon and try to do a refraction with that in any render engine it can give wonky results.

What do mean the single sided polygon? Are you talking about water condensation or can?

I'm not sure how you made it.  If you do have the water with no thickness it can cause problems.  The geometry should have a volume to it just like a water drop would have in real life.

• Topic Author
  • 25 minutes ago, Fastbee said:

I'm not sure how you made it.  If you do have the water with no thickness it can cause problems.  The geometry should have a volume to it just like a water drop would have in real life.

Can you teach me how to make a volume to it? Thanks,

34 minutes ago, Jaee said:

Can you teach me how to make a volume to it? Thanks,

You could use something as simple as a low poly hexasphere deformed by an FFD ? Or even a box in a Subdivision Surface will give a decent starting point...

CBR

I think maybe the side cans are blocking the light on the center can, and that's causing the effect . the side can outside edges look like the single can render.

• Topic Author
  • 20 minutes ago, ion said:

I think maybe the side cans are blocking the light on the center can, and that's causing the effect . the side can outside edges look like the single can render.

I agree with you..I think that is the problem..No light makes the water condensation darker.

5 hours ago, Fastbee said:

If you only have a single sided polygon and try to do a refraction with that in any render engine it can give wonky results.

not entirely true, redshift for instance has a "thin-walled" option, which will give correct refraction to objects without thickness.

22 minutes ago, everfresh said:

not entirely true, redshift for instance has a "thin-walled" option, which will give correct refraction to objects without thickness.

thin-walled doesn't give any refraction