• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Push

Dining room - Redshift

This is my first interior using Redshift, it took an age to render on my ageing GTX970, 17 minutes. I'm pretty sure I've tweaked it enough to render as fast as possible.

I'm still get aliasing on the bright shutters, not sure why.

Samoa Lounge v3.jpg

The 3D section of my website

That looks good man, congrats! :)

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

To fix your Aliasing issue on the superbright shutters I think you need to look up help on the  'Max Subsample Intensity' in the Sample Filtering settings of the Redshift render settings.

I don't know, but 17 minutes sounds like a long time for this render to me, even with a 970.

What is your render time for the Redshift Benchmark image: https://www.redshift3d.com/forums/viewthread/12843/

Hope this helps.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Igor

MikeA, I just ran the benchmark, 29 minutes, pretty slow but probably as expected.

I adjusted Max Subsample Intensity, and yes, that fixed it, big thanks there.

I tweaked the sampling one light at a time and changed the GI from Brute Force to Irradiance and now the render takes 7 minutes

.721589210_SamoaLoungev6.thumb.jpg.d6505a4a01e9461811b3d0216caaf80e.jpg

Thanks

Ash

Glad it helped : )  The render looks good.

Now that the mining boom has cooled off I bet there are some good Ebay deals on second hand  1070 Ti's and the like : )

Very Nice. What you have there is the rendering nightmare because you have strong exterior light going through refraction/glass into a very bright interior. There is a lot of Light bouncing and tracing going on because the Light is refracted first in the glass and bounces around due to the bright materials from wall to wall. Therefore the rendertimes.

R18, Octane, Vray, Cycles, Zbrush, AE, Marvelous Designer, Substance Designer, Affinity

• Topic Author
  • Thanks, the client seems happy too.

I'll take a look at ebay today :)

I decided not to put glass in the windows, there seemed little point as you'd not notice, and I thought it would speed things up.

Cheers

Ash

No need to use brute force method for GI, use Iradiance Cache as Primary, and Photon Map as secondary, with Iradiance Caching at Medium preset, which will give you clean/no noise look.

Also, you can remove glass from window, no need for it.

Cheers

• Topic Author
  • Thanks danijelk, I,ve already removed the glass and am using Iradiance Cache as Primary but changing secondery to Photon and making buckets bigger has reduced render time to nearly 6 minutes.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.6d49132c7fd66cd90e7f2a768535e6ff.png

Hi,

Forget to mention about bucket size, seems that rendering time is lowest when using bucket size of 256.