Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith

X-Particles: xpExplosia, xpCache, Render

Hi everyone. I have two questions:

1. When I attempt to visualize xpExplosia within a third party renderer, in this case, Octane, it does not display. Can anyone show me why?
  2. When I attempt to pull the smoke out of an area using a modifier, it does not do so. Can anyone show me why?

I've provided the file used in the video above, and spent 2 hours making this from scratch for this post, if you could help me out on this I would very much appreciate it. Thank you for your time this afternoon. 

The file is provided below. 

-Brandon

Attached: 700kb c4d file from the video.

Optional Extra - Cache from the attached file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nnCu17mumsaPspNMfuK5IqOkZPAhbTvE

BSMITH EXPLOSIA CACHING V11.c4d

the caches are missing

Sorry, small community? Have you joined our Discord channel and our new community forum? There are plenty of other XP users there, especially on Discord. They are the best places to ask questions like this.

You can find details of both of them on our main website.

To @spedler: Perhaps I've just had bad luck with no replies to questions I've asked in previous threads on C4D Cafe/Insydium forums, I just assumed it was smaller. I apologize if I've offended! I've removed that from original post, as it was not my intention at all! I was just a bit frustrated after spending all day trying to figure this out and felt defeated when writing it. I haven't tried the Discord though, I'll check it out and post a link there! Perhaps I just suck at asking questions, but it's hard knowing that when no one tells you. I tried making things simple by ripping down my animation into a series of primitives but perhaps I've taken the wrong approach...

To @ion, I ran into an issue with C4D Cafe's file size requirements, and assumed since you have to relink the Cache files path anyway, it would be reasonable to have folks simply rebuild the cache since it's simple primitives and should take less than a minute to build. However, I can zip all the .vdb files and link them for you if you'd like. Thanks for the reply and I look forward to talking with you further! 

No offence taken at all, I was just surprised is all. In fact I see you’ve been on the community forum recently and that Mario has been helping. He’s a great guy, if anyone can help, it’s him.

You may get some help from users on discord, too. 

To @spedler Oh yes. I've now posted my two questions on the Insydium forum, the discord and here and am excited to potentially move along onto the next series of challenges if solutions can be found. 

To @ion Here's a link to the cache (248mb) if that helps. Thanks man. Will amend to original post. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nnCu17mumsaPspNMfuK5IqOkZPAhbTvE

The solution:

1. In VDB Volume: "Start" should be 0 rather than my start from of 540: This is referencing the cache objects in this case, 160 cache objects all starting from 000000 to 0000160.
  2. In VDB Volume: "End" should be 160 rather than my end frame of 700: " "
  3. Change the Z coordinates of the VDB Volume from 1 to -1 

I'd like to thank the folks at Insydium for helping me find this solution, it was a week long headache that I can finally move past. I suspect I'll be back with questions on making the Explosia object look more realistic but thats a problem I'd rather have haha!