Bolos

"Only Select Visible Elements" bug

I noticed that on an unclosed mesh within a SDS, the "Only Select Visible Elements" of the Selection tool doesn't work anymore. As soon as I get the mesh out of the SDS, it works.

I tried with a closed mesh inside a SDS (a cube) and the option works as expected.

I have the same problem in R20 and R19. That's weird, it seems to have happened overnight.

Anyone with a similar experience ?

• Like 1

Could you upload a scene file that demonstrates the problem ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for the help :)

This is really weird as I noticed on the test cube that the option works as expected on some faces and is bugging on others. It also only happens in Edge mode.

Cube bug.c4d

Yep, I concur that is happening not only in your scene, but on new objects too, some of which aren't cubes !

Can't get it to fail when the SDS is turned off, so that's the temporary fix, but looks like you've found a bug there, which might also explain some of the mystery mesh errors I had the other day during a client project ! Reminds me of the horrible R18 days when the knife tools did a similar thing for half a year :/

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Oh okay, I don't know if I'm glad or not that you have the problem too. lol. I noticed some mystery cuts on my Nike modelling this morning, and as I was cleaning the mesh, new weird cuts appeared. What's also weird is that if that was present before I'd likely have problems like this earlier, right ?

11 minutes ago, Bolos said:

What's also weird is that if that was present before I'd likely have problems like this earlier, right ?

Depends on how much you use that tool when selecting edges I guess. I was surprised that I hadn't noticed it yet, but if I think about it, it's surprisingly rare that I am selecting edges with that tool - most often I'm using Path Select to do that. But well done for finding it and bringing it to our attention. Forewarned is forearmed ! :)

We should tell @Igor about this too.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thanks but I wished I did not find that :D

I mostly use the Path Selection and Move tools but I think I use the Live Selection regularly, but maybe not as much as I thought to.

1 hour ago, Igor said:

This is known problem folks and already reported, but thanks for reporting! :)

OK, I'll mark it solved as a vote of confidence that MAXON are well on the way to fixing it :)

• Haha 1