mikoian

C4D Realflow/Realwave plugin tutorials

Where I can find tutorials to help me make an ocean in Cinema 4D using the Realflow/Realwave plugin (directly in Cinema 4D)? Later on I want to add a ship to interact with that ocean.

I have Cinema 4D R19 and Realflow 2.5 (with plugins in Cinema 4D).

I found some tutorials for working in Realflow but I wondered about working with Realflow plugin directly in Cinema 4D. The Internet seem short on these...

Thank you.

Not exactly what you're looking for, I know, but here's a tutorial for a free plugin for making ocean waves:

I don't think you can simulate a boat splashing around in it, but you probably could fake it with some displacement, particles, etc.

16 hours ago, natevplas said:

Not exactly what you're looking for, I know, but here's a tutorial for a free plugin for making ocean waves:

I don't think you can simulate a boat splashing around in it, but you probably could fake it with some displacement, particles, etc.

Actually I used this Hot4D to simulate ocean but I was looking into Realwave as alternative.
For a boat, I also used Inifnite Ocean https://www.c4depot.com/c4d-plugins/infinite-ocean/ which does simulate a boat on an ocean but not extremely realistic (unless your scene doesn't show the boat very close).

Thanks for the link to Infinite Ocean.  I hadn't seen that before.  I've never tackled a boat on the ocean sim before, but it sounds like your needs are outside of what Cinema is good at (unless the Realflow plugin can do it).  Houdini is probably your best bet.