Sign in to follow this  
Bastardfilms

UV Mapping a Bed Sheet

Hello guys, i need help with a model that i have made inside marvelous designer and then exported to c4d. I need to make the uvs even, not with the seems i have now in my model. I have search a lot and try a lot of things but i just simply cannot resolve it. If someone can help me, i need to send this out to my boss asap.

Here is the scene file, and a preview.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oqm862j101ugn14/uvmap_help.c4d/file

uvmap help.png

Edited by Cerbera

Please update your profile to reflect the version you are actually using.

Top Tip: Apply the material and sort the UV mapping before any simulation, and then it will be right with no additional effort afterwards.

CBR

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 15 minutes ago, Bolos said:

Here is a quick fix : https://ufile.io/cx8xr

I simply projected the mesh from the top view and then relaxed it (with LSCM). Hope that does the job.

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 14.24.01.png

Woh¡¡ THANKS A LOT mate, yes that can do the job. :signthankspin:

• Topic Author
  • 14 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Top Tip: Apply the material and sort the UV mapping before any simulation, and then it will be right with no additional effort afterwards.

CBR

Hi CBR, what do you mean by sort the uv mapping? im really new with marvelous designer, i can do simulations and exported etc, but with the texturing part im a little new. Do you have any links or info that i can look up for what have you said?

Sorry for my english im not native

2 minutes ago, Bastardfilms said:

what do you mean by sort the uv mapping?

Only that if you set / apply a material and define UV mapping before you simulate it should already be correct after the simulation. TBH I don't know if that also applies in MD but it does in C4D, say if you were using its own cloth system.

CBR 

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:
    2 hours ago, Bastardfilms said:

what do you mean by sort the uv mapping?

Only that if you set / apply a material and define UV mapping before you simulate it should already be correct after the simulation. TBH I don't know if that also applies in MD but it does in C4D, say if you were using its own cloth system.

CBR 

Marvellous Designer attributes UV's to all MD generated geometry before any simulation takes place. The UV attribute doesn't automatically transfer to your export geometry (.obj/fbx/abc) and so you need to manually select it in the export options dialogue in MD. 

Don't try and (re) project UV's in c4d onto MD geo - it may appear to work at first, but eventually you will see distortion especially for shell objects which contain more than one part. 

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Hi again guys, i need a last help. The uvs have worked, and now i have the texture that i had  to put in the model perfect as my boss said (see ttached file). But now i want to export that texture into a png, or psd file, but i just cant get around to it. I want an image file that when i put it in the material color/diffuse channel, sticks like it is now in the scene, with that coordinates. This is the last help, how can i save the texture file just as it is?

@Cerbera @Bolos

Scene and preview

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1vr895q9p93dr5/uvs_help_2.rar/file

help2.png

Can you explain more what is the goal ?

I have trouble understanding what you want to do.

If you just want to export the texture, you could apply the material to a plane, render it and you'll have your texture. But I doubt that's what you're after.

• Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, Bolos said:

Can you explain more what is the goal ?

I have trouble understanding what you want to do.

If you just want to export the texture, you could apply the material to a plane, render it and you'll have your texture. But I doubt that's what you're after.

Hi¡

Yes i know its hard to understand because i dont know english really well but im gonna try again.

I have the texture applied the way i want, but for getting to that point, i have to correct the lenght U, lenght V, and the offsets of the material to get to where it is now.

What i want now is that when i applied the texture, i dont have to move the offsets or the lenght, just 100% uvmapping with no corrections, so i want to save the texture as how is placed now so the next time i applied the texture it will be 100% and will not have to correct it again.

I hope you can understand better now?

Oh okay I get it now. Well for this, you’ll have to tweak the UVs (in the BP UV Edit mode). There, you can use the Move and Scale tools to adjust your UV islands to the texture. But I think you should look for “UV mapping” tutorials, there’s a few out there that will get you started.