spiralstair

FPS-> FPS (alembic etc)

Hi All

can anyone help me figure out a mathematical problem regarding frames per second. 

I am preparing an animation sequence to go onto a render farm. I have animated a character and camera - which all looks good - except that when I did a hardware render I decided the clip should be half the speed. Now I can't quite work out the best workflow for this. 

Normally I just leave scene FPS at at 25 and change the render FPS to 50. But the render farm I am working with cannot accept variation between these two and so I need to bake in the slow motion. 

With camera it is easy - just to scale the time x 2 in the animation timeline.  

But the character was originally made using an FK rig converted as an alembic into the sequence in order to keep the scene preparation times down (for the sake of speeding up rendering on the farm).

How can I slow down an alembic? or How can I export an alembic at half the speed? so that when I bring it into a 25 FPS sequence it will effectively be playing 50 FPS?

Thanks