Roei

MultiPass Compositing In After Effects

Hi,

Multi-pass Ae Compositing question.

I have C4D sequences from different passes in Ae that were done in linear+sRGB .

to get the same appearance in Ae I know I could:
1. work color managed in Ae - set it to linear and sRGB.
OR
2. use color profile converter on my passes.

but got a question about 2 - the color profile converter option. I see that if I use it on the composite of my passes (adj layer or precomp) it works fine. but it doesn't do the same if I apply it to each pass separately... the thing that confuses me is that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5dSj8vELk on 08:17 he shows how he applies CPC on each of the passes, whereas in my composition, it only works if I apply it to the composite. so... should you apply CPC on the composite only? or is there a way to use it on each pass separately? 

Thanks

Only registered users can see replies - please register for full access!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.