John Younger

Cineware Camera Extract Not working

Hi all,

I have a c4d scene that I opened in After Effects. I extracted the camera and lights no problem. I then add a layer and switch it 3d and doesn't respond to the extractive camera.... Any ideas?

Thanks

John

Moved to correct section (Compositing and Post Work).

Welcome to the cafe ! 

Not a big AE user myself, but sure someone will be along to help with that soon...

CBR

What kind of method are you using for camera animation?  I've found that if you use the Morph Camera, that animation does not come through to AE.  You'll have to bake out the camera animation before importing into AE.

You have to bake the camera in C4D to keyframes and bring it into AE - it isnt the frictionless process you would expect.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for the responses.....So extracting the camera in chinaware is for what???

Thanks

J

• Topic Author
  • Hmmm after a google search didn't turn up much. How do I bake camera in r18+

Thanks

J

Select the camera, then in the timeline, go to the functions menu and select bake. You'll get a dialogue box appear, with some options to create a copy with keyframes baked in, and which parameters you'd like to bake. Select you options and press the bake button.

I had similar problems the other day with Chinaware, nulls seeming to slide out of position. This didn't seem to happen as much when the C4D-AE  exchange was available.

The sliding nulls problem was fixed by checking the frame rate in AE which for some reason was 29.7 rather than 25. 

• Like 1

Phil Richards, www.fugidesign.co.uk

@southpaw I agree!  I think the old way of making the exchange file must have baked everything for you.  The developers of Cineware must be aware of this limitation.  Any plans to fix it?

@Hrvoje @Igor

• Topic Author
  • OK so I baked it and reimported the c4d file (extracted camera again) and still not working...Any ideas?

• Topic Author
  • Also tried to bring in a .aec and still no luck. Seems like it shouldn't be this hard....

Can you upload your project file with just the camera so we can take a look?  You never said how your camera was animated...